Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Job Requirements

Well, as most college students do at some time or another, I am looking for a job. I really don't know why I'm doing it now... I leave in less then two weeks to spend all summer at camp, but that's neither here nor there.

One of my favorite hobbies is photography. I was glancing on Craiglist for photographer jobs, and picked out the one that I had to have. It's for a photographer for a luxury car lot. Seriously, whoever wrote this is hilarious! A few highlights include:

Must have reliable transportation to work, we don't care if your mom has to drive you and pick you up. We hope she doesn't have to, let the woman have her own life, but hey, whatever gets you here.

Then send us your resume! We love simple and easy to read one pagers! Pack that thing with everything, we don't care if the font size has to be 5 and margins are zero to fit it all in on one page! Word, .txt, .pdf, whatever you have, send it over! Ever put a hyperlink in a resume? Yeah, some of you have. Some weird ones too! But we like that crazy stuff. Send it! We love resumes tailored to fit the position we are describing. Does that describe your resume? It should! Did I say spell check it? I'll say it again, spell check it. 

Must love cars, LOVE them, think about them constantly, OBSESS.
 

Must be familiar with digital cameras, we'll show you how to take our style of photos, if you can hold a camera still long enough to take a clear photo, you are good.
 

Must be able to drive a manual transmission, a M-DCT, a Doppelkupplung, a semi-sequential manual gearbox, an automated manual, an F1, a Geartronic, Steptronic, Touchshift, Sportshift, Tiptronic, S-tronic and R-tronic transmissions and know what cars they are in. Don't know how to drive stick? Learn!

Sadly, I have less then no clue how to drive a stick, and like I said, I'm leaving soon, sooooooooo. Well, I'll have a pity party later, after I get a life and friends to invite to the party. :)

Requirement. That's a big word... that I can spell without spell check (you'd be surprise with how far that will get you in the office world). A requirement is something that eliminates people, it gives a standard, it's an expectation.

Thinking about our walk with Christ, what are His requirements? Actually, He gave them to us in one simple verse (I love conciseness!):

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8

He has outlined a very simple plan for us to follow. Do justly, love mercy, walk humbly with God.... Easy stuff, right?  What does that actually mean, though? These are three attributes of God; goals we must strive to in our Christian life.  Prior to verse 8, Micah 6 asks if God is pleased by a myriad of different sacrifices. The point of the passage is that it's better to do right, then to offer sacrifices (or ask forgiveness in our case) later.

To be continued....

Because of Him,
Missa

No comments:

Post a Comment